Steve Arrington Returns with First Solo Album In 11 Years
'Down to the Lowest Terms: The Soul Sessions' features Knxwledge, MNDSGN, J Rocc and more
Published Jul 08, 2020After appearing on a song from Thundercat earlier this year, Steve Arrington has returned to detail his first solo album in 11 years.
The funk legend will release Down to the Lowest Terms: The Soul Sessions on September 18 through Stones Throw.
Thirteen tracks in length, Down to the Lowest Terms finds Arrington working alongside a cast of top-tier producers including Knxwledge, J Rocc, MNDSGN, Benedek, Jerry Paper and more.
You can find the complete tracklist below, where you can also hear the Shibo-helmbed "Keep Dreamin'." Down to the Lowest Terms follows Arrington's 2009 solo outing Pure Thang.
In 2013, Arrington teamed with Dâm-Funk for collaborative album Higher, while 2014 saw him look back on some earlier work with compilation Way Out (80-84).
Down to the Lowest Terms: The Soul Sessions:
1. Joys of Love (prod. Mndsgn, Devin Morrison)
2. Make A Difference (prod. DJ Harrison)
3. Soulful I Need That In My Life (prod. Jamma D)
4. Keep Dreamin' (prod. Shibo)
5. Love Knows (prod. Brian Ellis)
6. My Favorite Swing (prod. Apifera)
7. Good Mood (prod. Jerry Paper)
8. Love Is Gone (prod. Knxwledge)
9. Work On It (prod. Shibo)
10. You're Not Ready (prod. Gifted & Blessed)
11. Make Ya Say Yie (prod. Knxwledge)
12. All I Wanna Do (prod. J.Rocc)
13. It's Alright (prod. Benedek)