Common Details New Album 'Let Love'
Leon Bridges, A-Trak, Leikeli47, Daniel Caesar, Jill Scott and more contribute
Published Jul 11, 2019After connecting with Daniel Caesar for "HER Love" last month, Common has revealed all the details behind his forthcoming 12fth studio album.
The Chicago MC will deliver new album Let Love on August 30 through Loma Vista Recordings. Eleven tracks in length, the effort features contributions from Caesar, Leon Bridges, Swizz Beatz, A-Trak, Leikeli47, BJ the Chicago Kid, Jill Scott, Samora Pinderhughes and Jonathan McReynolds.
As Common explained in a statement, the album was inspired by his recently released memoir Let Love Have the Last Word, which left him "charged to go to raw, personal and spiritual places in the music."
"Production-wise, I knew that the music had to have depth, soul and dimension to it," he explained. "I wanted the musicianship and the spirit of what live music brings but it also had to have something raw and basement about it. When my team said, 'You should do some music revolving around the book', I just took that energy and went running into my artistry without focusing on anything else."
Common has shared the Swizz Beatz-assisted "Hercules" alongside the announcement, which arrives accompanied by a video complete with a Vince Staples cameo.
Let Love follows 2016's Black America Again.
1. Good Morning Love (ft. Samora Pinderhughes)
2. HER Love (ft. Daniel Caesar)
3. Dwele's Interlude
4. Hercules (ft. Swizz Beatz)
5. Fifth Story (ft. Leikeli47)
6. Forever Your Love (ft. BJ the Chicago Kid)
7. Leaders (Crib Love) (ft. A-Trak)
8. Memories of Home (ft. BJ the Chicago Kid and Samora Pinderhughes)
9. Show Me That You Love (ft. Jill Scott and Samora Pinderhughes)
10. My Fancy Free Future Love
11. God Is Love (ft. Leon Bridges and Jonathan McReynolds)