Published Jun 27, 2013T Bone Burnett struck folk music gold with the score for the Coen brothers' film O Brother, Where Art Thou? in 2000, and now he's teamed with the Coens once again for their latest flick, Inside Llewyn Davis. It features newly record music from the likes of Justin Timberlake and Marcus Mumford and is due out on September 17 via Nonesuch.
The 14-track album was jointly produced by Burnett and Joel and Ethan Coen, with Mumford (of Mumford & Sons fame) serving as associate producer. Timberlake, who co-stars in the film, appears on the three tracks, while Mumford appears on two.
Much of the music was recorded specially for the soundtrack, but there's also some older material, including "Farewell" by Bob Dylan. This song has been bootlegged over the years, and Examiner.com notes that this may be an unreleased studio version.
The film features Oscar Isaac in the title role as a songwriter in New York's early '60s folk scene. It also features Carey Mulligan and John Goodman, and is due to arrive in theatres on December 6. Scroll past the tracklist below to watch a trailer, which features "Farewell."
The album is available to pre-order here.
Inside Llewyn Davis - Original Soundtrack Recording:
1. Oscar Isaac - "Hang Me, Oh Hang Me"
2. Marcus Mumford & Oscar Isaac - "Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song)"
3. Stark Sands with Punch Brothers - "The Last Thing on My Mind"
4. Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan and Stark Sands - "Five Hundred Miles"
5. Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Adam Driver - "Please Mr. Kennedy"
6. Oscar Isaac - "Green, Green Rocky Road"
7. Oscar Isaac - "The Death of Queen Jane"
8. John Cohen with The Down Hill Strugglers - "The Roving Gambler"
9. Oscar Isaac with Punch Brothers - "The Shoals of Herring"
10. Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Marcus Mumford, Justin Timberlake, Gabe Witcher - "The Auld Triangle"
11. Nancy Blake - "The Storms Are on the Ocean"
12. Oscar Isaac - "Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song)"
13. Bob Dylan - "Farewell"
14. Dave Van Ronk - "Green, Green Rocky Road"